When was the last time you had 7-9 cups of water a day? It may be difficult to stay hydrated consistently, but since water is a necessity for healthy living, here are 5 easy tips to help keep you hydrated:
- Reward your taste buds: Put 1-3 slices of orange, lime, lemon, or watermelon (virtually any fruit to your desire) in your glass or pitcher of water.
- Make it an appetizer: Since the chef is still cooking and your food has not arrived yet, it’s the perfect time to drink a full glass of water. Doing this also helps you to feel full, preventing you from overeating. You can take this a step further by promising yourself that water is the only beverage you will order at restaurants!
- Technology: Yes, there’s an app for it. Try “Waterlogged” or “Water Your Body.” Sometimes, visualizing the amount of water you need to drink that day helps with self-motivation.
- Exercise: You’ll crave water during and after exercise, simple.
- Eat your water: If you still can’t bring yourself to drink the full suggested amount, try some water-rich food, like cucumber, melons, and celery!