Read ‘em before you watch ‘em!
You can enjoy a novel before you watch it play on the screen. Sometimes there can be huge differences between a book and a movie that is based off of a book. Movies only tell you so much about the book and often only touch upon the surfaces of the text, so they sometimes end up excluding some important details. Why miss out on the details though?! It’s because movies average around two hours so it’s hard to include everything.
Here are some top books that have been made into movies!
- The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner
- Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
- Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling
- The Fault in our Stars by John Green
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz (Movie not released yet)
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- The Giver by Lois Lowry (Movie not released yet)
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman (Movie not released yet)
- Room by Emma Donoghue (Movie not released yet)
Some teens would rather read the books before watching the movie, what about you?