Oftentimes growing up, I realized that it was so tempting to compare myself to others. Whether I was comparing my accomplishments, lifestyle, or appearance to others’, it soon became clear that this constant comparison lowered my self confidence.
That’s why it’s important to appreciate what you have and understand that you are in control of your life. Here are some small steps you can take to boost your self-confidence!
- Think Confidently & Trust Yourself — Don’t be afraid to be yourself and continue developing your strengths and talents
- Learn from your Mistakes — It’s okay to make mistakes, especially if you’re ready to learn from them and bounce right back up!
- Step Outside of your Comfort Zone — You can accomplish things you once thought were impossible! Try to switch from saying “I can’t” to start saying “I can.”
- Be Appreciate and Grateful — Remind yourself about the things that you do have and how lucky you are to be you
- Have a Positive Support System — Surround yourself with those who inspire you and bring out your better side!
Try out these 5 small steps and let us know if this positive self-talk helped you! If you feel like it’s getting to be too much, don’t be afraid to reach out to the TRC or to mentors in your life for help.
Sometimes we face challenges and are in situations that make us feel doubtful and insecure – it’s part of life! One way to start building yourself is to build your confidence and we hope these steps will help you. If there’s steps you take that we left out, share them with us in the comments!